- Preparation and cooking time
- Chill for 24-hours
- More effort
- Serves 6
- 4 egg yolks
- 220g mascarpone
- 55g plain yoghurt
- 85g icing sugar
- 185ml marsala wine
- 250ml strong, freshly brewed coffee
- 20-30 savoiardi biscuits / sponge fingers
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder
- STEP 1Whisk together the egg yolks, mascarpone, yoghurt, white wine and 100ml of the marsala wine in a large jug
- STEP 2In a shallow bowl or dish, stir together the coffee and remaining marsala. Dip the biscuits into this mixture briefly and then srrange them in a single layer in a large dish, 21x28cm or 23cm square or small glasses.
- STEP 3pour over some of the cream mixture until the biscuits are just covered. Top with another layer of coffee-soaked biscuits and then more cream.
- STEP 4Repeat these layers until all the cream has been used up, finishing with a layer of cream
- STEP 5Dust generously with the cocoa powder and chill for at least 24hours before serving.