Instant Rava/Sooji Dhokla
- Preparation and cooking time
- cooling the dhokla's for 5 min after it is cooked.
- Serves 4
Dhokla is popular snacks of Gujarat (India). It is made with a fermented batter. It is healthy breakfast/snack which is loved by all age groups.
- Rava- 2 cup
- curd- 2 cup
- Water -1 cup
- Green chilli +ginger paste - 2 tbsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Oil -2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder-for sprinkle
- Black pepper powder-for sprinkle
- Tempering :- Oil -3 tbsp Mustard seed-2tbsp Jeera - 1tbsp Sesame seeds - 1tbsp Curry leaves- 6-7 no’s
- Coriander leaves -for garnish
- STEP 1Take a bowl , add rava , curd , green chilli ginger paste .
- STEP 2Mix properly. Add 1 /2 cup water into the bowl.
- STEP 3Add salt and baking soda into the bowl.
- STEP 4Combine properly and make a batter consistency.
- STEP 5Rest the batter for 20 min.
- STEP 6Take a steamer, pre-heat for 8-9 min on medium flame.
- STEP 7Grease steel plate /aluminium plate with oil.
- STEP 8After 20 min of resting the batter , rava has absorbed water . So the batter will be thick in consistency.
- STEP 9So add 1/2 cup of water into the batter and adjust the dhokla consistency. It should be neither thin or thick .
- STEP 10Pour the batter into greased plate . Sprinkle some red chilli powder and black pepper powder on top of the batter. Steam for 10 min or till it is cooked.
- STEP 11After dhokla is steamed and cooked, now we have to temper the dhokla. Tempering :- In a pan , add oil , mustard seeds , jeera , sesame seeds and curry leaves ..once it starts frickery sounds pops , add this tempering on top of the dhokla.
- STEP 12After cooling the dhokla for 5 min , cut the dhokla into diamond shape and serve with coriander chutney.