Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Mushroom and Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Rich flavours of basil, balsamic vinegar and sun dried tomatoes. Top with a poached egg or haloumi for a sophisticated brunch, top with rocket for a perfect starter pre your favourite pasta, or just have as a snack!
- 250g Mushrooms (Preferably Chestnut) Roughly Chopped
- 10 Sun Dried Tomatoes Roughly Chopped
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (Plus More to Drizzle)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (Plus More to Drizzle)
- Handful of Fresh Basil Chopped
- 2 Handfuls of Fresh Spinach
- Bakery Bread Sliced (I Prefer Sourdough or Olive Bread)
- STEP 1Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion until slightly golden.
- STEP 2Add the chopped mushrooms, chopped sun dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar to the pan (if using dried sun dried tomatoes then soak in boiling water for 10minutes prior to cooking to release the flavour). Cook until the mushrooms are soft.
- STEP 3Meanwhile lightly grill or toast the bread until golden on both sides and place on a plate to serve.
- STEP 4Add the spinach and basil to the pan stirring through until the spinach has wilted.
- STEP 5Spoon the mushroom mixture on top of the bread evenly. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- STEP 6Tip - if you would prefer a sweeter more decorative drizzle then you can make a balsamic glaze. Empty a bottle of balsamic vinegar into a saucepan and bring to the boil, the bring to a simmer continuing to heat until the vinegar sticks to the back of a spoon. Allow to cool, if the consistency is too thick then you can add boiling water and place in the microwave to get the desired consistency.