Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Easy Chicken Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Simple and economical from Sig. Carluccio GF Nov12
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 500g chicken thighs skinned and boned
plain flour seasoned for dusting
- 150g small onions such as shallots
- 1 celery stick very finely chopped
- 1 carrot very finely chopped
- 300g button mushrooms halved
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- grated nutmeg
- 3 egg yolks beaten with 20ml milk
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- STEP 1Heat 6 tbsp of oil in a large pan. Dip the chicken into the flour and fry until golden on both sides about 10 mins. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add remaining oil and fry onions, celery and carrot for 5 mins. add mushrooms and cook for a couple of mins more.
- STEP 2Pour in the stock and wine bring to a good bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins. return the chicken to the pan, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- STEP 3Just before serving take pan OFF the heat and whisk in egg mixture to thicken sauce. Return to heat briefly, whisking continuously. Taste and season again if required, sprinkle with parsley and serve with rice, pasta or potatoes.