Lamb and Pea Pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300g leftover roast lamb, chopped
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 275ml hot lamb stock
- 225g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 350g leftover roast potatoes, roughly chopped
- 300g leftover roast parsnips (or parsnips and carrots), chopped
- 150g lighter British mature grated Cheddar
- ½ x 28g pack fresh mint
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 220ºC, fan 200ºC, gas 7. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, lamb, soy sauce, mustard, stock and peas. Stir, then bring to the boil and cook for 8 minutes. Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water, add to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, put the potatoes, parsnips and milk in another pan and heat gently, covered, for 5 minutes. Crush roughly with a potato masher.
- STEP 3Spoon the lamb filling into a 1.25 litre pie dish and scatter over the mint. Top with the potato mixture, scatter over the Cheddar and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the top is golden.