Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Insecure Chef's Loaded Chicken Noodle Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep time is a function of your kitchen skills
- More effort
- Serves 6
Heavily laded vegetable chicken soup with a great deal of prep time. 10 vegetables and shredded chicken.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove or powder equvalent
- 1/2 cup of sliced onions
- 1/2 cup of diced orange bell peppers (or any color you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup diced celery or celery seed equvalent
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots (canned is prefered)
- 1/2 cup of peeled. diced and steamed zucchini (I like yellow)
- 1/2 cup of Haricots Verts (trimmed, very thin string beans)
- 1/2 cup of diced, steamed (5-10 mins), purple peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup of diced, steamed (5-10 mins), red peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup of frozen corn or fresh corn sliced off the cob
- 1/4 cup of frozen baby peas
- 1/2 pound of COOKED shredded chicken
- 1 qt of UNSALTED chicken broth
- 8 oz cup of HerbOx brand unsalted chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 tsp of ground basil
- 1/8 tsp of ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp (or less) of ground crushed red pepper
- 1-to1.5 cups of uncooked egg nodles
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of white pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- STEP 1Melt butter and saute onions and garlic until onions become soft.
- STEP 2Add celery, carrots, potatoes, cooked chicken zucchini, Give it a good 15 second stir.
- STEP 3Add 1 qt of chicken broth, all the remaining vegetable, egg noodles and bay leaves.
- STEP 4Add all remaining spices and stir thoroughly..
- STEP 5Bring pot to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- STEP 6Remove Bay Leaves.
- STEP 7Taste for salt or any other spice you'd like.
- STEP 8Serve hot (re-heat if necessary), adding HerbOx chicken broth if soup is too thick. Or you can just use water.