Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Low fat cheesy broccoli pasta bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 140g penne
- 140g broccoli, cut into florets
- 25g low fat cream cheese
- 25g plain flour
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 70g low fat mature cheddar, grated
- STEP 1Cook the pasta, adding the broccoli for the final 4-5 mins and cooking until tender. Drain well, then heat the grill.
- STEP 2Heat the Cream cheese in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 min, then gradually add the milk, stirring well between each addition. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer for 2 mins, before stirring in the mustard, half the cheese and seasoning.
- STEP 3Mix the pasta and broccoli into the sauce and spoon into an ovenproof dish. Scatter over the remaining cheese and place under a hot grill for 3-4 mins until golden and bubbling.