Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Easy Raspberry Jam
- Preparation and cooking time
- Putting the jam in a clean jar
- Makes About 750g of jam
Have you found a punnet of frozen raspberries in your freezer? Then you've come to the right recipe, it's simple and easy and you and your whole family can enjoy this!
- 470g Frozen or fresh raspberries
- 360g Granulated sugar or caster sugar
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- STEP 1Put the 370g raspberries in a medium sized pan at medium heat on the hob and heat gently until they defrost (if your using frozen raspberries) , get softer and juice starts to come out of them. Press the raspberries with the side of your wooden spoon until they break up.
- STEP 2Stir in the sugar and the lemon juice. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves and the mixture kind of gets thicker in the pan.
- STEP 3Bring the mixture to the boil and boil it for 5-6 minutes until the setting point is reached. To test, place 1 teaspoon of the mix onto a saucer and put in the fridge for about 3 minutes. The surface should wrinkle when touched with a finger. If it's still too runny, then boil the mix for another few minutes.
- STEP 4Ladle the jam into a clean jar. Label and store for up to 12 weeks.
- STEP 5Enjoy on a nice fresh scone or some toast, or even in a sandwich!