New potato and Paneer Dosa (vg)
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
This delicious crispy Indian crepe is filled with New potatoes, paneer and plenty of spices to give it a mild kick.
- 400g New/Baby potatoes
- 1 block of paneer cheese
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 large handfuls of coriander, chopped
- STEP 1Peel and cube the potatoes and place in a pan of salted boiling water. Boil until just cooked, then drain and crush lightly with a fork.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, cut the paneer cheese into cubes and fry in the olive oil until golden, then remove from the heat.
- STEP 3Cut the tomatoes into cubes and cook in a small saucepan with 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil and the mustard seeds until soft, for around 10 mins.
- STEP 4Meanwhile put 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add the crushed garlic cloves and ginger paste. Fry for 1 minute, then add half the chopped green chilli and the garam masala. Fry for a further minute then add the lime juice with 30ml water.
- STEP 5Add the potatoes, paneer and tomatoes to the pan and combine. Cook on a low heat for 15 mins while you make the dosa.
- STEP 6To make the dosa add the flours and bicarbonate of soda to a large bowl. Add just enough water to combine, then gradually whisk in approximately 400ml water to make a loose batter.
- STEP 7Place a large frying pan on a medium heat. Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the frying pan and wipe around with kitchen paper. Pour a large spoonful of the batter mixture into the pan and spread it around to fit the whole pan. Once bubbles start to form turn the dosa and cook on the other side.
- STEP 8Cook each dosa one at a time, oiling the pan each time.
- STEP 9Take a cooked dosa and fill with some of the potato mixture. Add a squeeze of lime, a sprinkle of fresh coriander and green chilli, and a spoonful of natural yoghurt. Roll up the dosa and repeat with the remaining dosas.