Vitality veggie pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 20-25 mins
- Serves 4
- 250g pack pappardelle pasta
- 1 small butternut squash , peeled, seeded and chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- small handful pine nuts
- 1 plump garlic clove , finely chopped
- 4 large field mushrooms , sliced
- 250g bag washed spinach
- grated parmesan and chilli flakes to serve, optional
- STEP 1
Pour boiling water into a large saucepan, bring to the boil, then cook the pasta according to pack instructions. When the pasta has 5 mins left to cook, tip in the squash and cook with the pasta for the remaining time.
- STEP 2
While the pasta is cooking, heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Sizzle the pine nuts in the oil until they start to colour, stir in the garlic and cook for a moment just to soften. Add remaining oil, turn up the heat, add the mushroom and cook for 2-3 mins until they start to soften. Turn the heat to maximum, add spinach to the pan and cook for 1-2 mins until completely wilted.
- STEP 3
Drain the pasta and squash, then mix in with the vegetables until everything’s nicely combined. Bring the pan to the table and let everyone help themselves. You could also pass round grated parmesan and chilli flakes if people want it.