- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A different way to use leftover turkey. Add leftover gravy too to add extra rich, meaty flavour to this warming broth with noodles, dried shiitake and eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
- thumb-sized piece ginger , sliced, plus a few slices cut into fine matchsticks to serve
- 1 ½ tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp goma (white sesame paste) or tahini
- 15g dried shiitake mushrooms
- 700g leftover turkey gravy , or good-quality chicken stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs , at room temperature
- 150g ramen noodles (egg, rice or udon noodles will all work too)
- 200g leftover turkey meat, shredded
- 2 spring onions , finely sliced, white and green parts kept separate
- 1 lime , halved
- 25g ready-to-eat beansprouts
- sesame oil , sriracha, chopped coriander, crushed peanuts, crumbled sheets of nori or dried chilli threads (silgochu), to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Crush the garlic with the back of a big knife, then put it in a saucepan with the ginger, miso, goma, mushrooms, gravy and soy. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and bubble for 5 mins until the ginger is soft. Strain into a clean pan and discard the aromatics and mushrooms.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 7 mins. Plunge straight into a bowl of cold water and set aside to cool. Cook the noodles for 1 min less than instructed on the pack, so they retain a little bite. Drain and leave in the pan with a little cooking water so they don’t stick together. Add the turkey and whites of the spring onions to the broth and gently reheat for 1-2 mins.
- STEP 3
Divide the noodles between two deep bowls, ladle over the broth and top with a squeeze of lime, the beansprouts, ginger matchsticks, green spring onion and a drizzle of sesame oil, plus the other toppings, if you like. Peel and halve the eggs and place these on top too.