- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus at least 2 hrs chilling, no cook
- More effort
- Serves 8
Create a stunning geometric design on this tropical fruit tart using triangles of mango and kiwi or dragon fruit and pineapple - or dream up your own
- 100g mascarpone
- 140g cream cheese
- 30g icing sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 50ml coconut cream from a can, shaken first (save the rest for another recipe)
- 1 sweet pastry case
- tropical fruit of your choice, sliced, then each slice cut into triangles or the shapes required for your design (we used mangoes, kiwis, pineapple and dragon fruit)
- STEP 1
Using an electric whisk, beat the mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, coconut extract, if using, and a pinch of salt until smooth. Whisk in the coconut cream.
- STEP 2
Spoon the filling into the pastry case, smooth the top and return to the fridge for at least 2 hrs or overnight. Once set, use the tropical fruit to decorate the top of the tart in your desired geometric pattern.
DESIGN THE TOPPING
To design your geometric topping, get a sharp knife so you can execute those straight edges, and lay out the fruit slices on a board – or you could print out your design – before transferring them to top the tart.