- 500g large cooked prawns
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
- small pack mint, leaves picked
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- small pack coriander, leaves picked
- 20 lychees, peeled, halved and stoned
- 150g bag beansprouts
The two most common beansprouts are the green-capped mung bean…
- large handful roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- small handful crispy onions or fried garlic chips (optional)
For the dressing
To make the dressing, bash the chilli (if using) using a pestle and mortar. Add the remaining ingredients, mix together and taste for a good combination of sweet, sour, salty and hot, then set aside.
Combine the prawns, mint, coriander, lychees, beansprouts and half the peanuts with the dressing, and toss well. Pile onto a serving platter and scatter with the remaining peanuts and the garlic chips or crispy onions (if using). Put in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves.