Tagliata & borlotti beans
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- small bunch parsley
- ½ small bunch basil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 tbsp olive oil , plus a drizzle
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 250g rump steak , about 2cm thick
- 400g can borlotti beans , drained and rinsed
- 50g rocket
- 80g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 25g parmesan , shaved (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the parsley, basil, garlic, olive oil and 1 tbsp water in the small bowl of a food processor and whizz until the herbs are finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, stir through the vinegar and season to taste.
- STEP 2
Season the steak generously. Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Drizzle a little extra oil over the steak and fry for 5 mins, turning every minute. Put on a plate, cover and leave for about 5 mins to rest.
- STEP 3
Toss the beans, rocket and cherry tomatoes in the herb mixture. Slice the steak into strips. Divide the salad between two plates, top with the steak and scatter over the shaved parmesan, if you like.