Sweet & sour chicken skewers with fruity noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 425g can pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 skinless chicken thighs , cut into chunks
- 2 red chillies , deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper , cut into chunks
- 3 egg noodles nests
- small bunch spring onions , sliced
- STEP 1
Mix the pineapple juice, tomato ketchup, vinegar and some seasoning together. Reserve half, then add the rest to a bowl with the chicken and half the red chilli. Marinate for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Thread the chicken, pepper and half the pineapple onto 8 skewers.
- STEP 3
Heat your grill, or fire up a barbecue. Brush any excess marinade over the skewers, then grill or barbecue, turning regularly, for about 8 mins or until the chicken is starting to char at the edges and is cooked through.
- STEP 4
Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions, drain, then stir through the remaining pineapple, chilli and spring onions. Serve with the remaining sauce on the side or drizzled on top of the skewers.