Stir-fried festive cabbage
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- ½ red cabbage , quartered and core removed
- 200g bag shredded kale , or cavolo nero, sliced and woody stalks removed
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp cranberry sauce
- 50ml red wine
- ½ orange , juiced and zested
- STEP 1
Finely shred the cabbage – the quickest way to do this is in a food processor with a shredder attachment or using a mandoline.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, then add the cabbage and kale. Stir-fry over a high heat for 3-4 mins or until the cabbage starts to wilt, then add the rest of the ingredients. Toss everything together really well, continue to cook for a further 4 mins and season before serving. Keep warm in a low oven if needed or leave to cool, cover, chill and reheat in a pan or microwave the following day.