Spiced lamb with bulgur & tahini dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions , halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 200g lamb mince
- 100g cherry tomato , quartered
- 2 spring onions , finely sliced
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- STEP 1
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan. Tip in the onions and cook for 15 mins until caramelised – 5 mins from the end, add 2 cloves of the garlic and the chilli. Remove from the pan and set side.
- STEP 2
Cook the bulgur wheat following pack instructions, then drain thoroughly. Mix the tahini, 1 tbsp of the lemon juice, the remaining garlic, yogurt and seasoning together, and thin with 1-2 tbsp of water.
- STEP 3
In the onion pan, heat the remaining oil. Add the cumin seeds and coriander and fry for a min. Add the mince and fry for 5 mins until cooked through. Tip in the onion mix and heat through.
- STEP 4
Stir the tomatoes, spring onions, parsley, remaining lemon juice and seasoning into the bulgur wheat, then spread it out on a serving dish. Top with the lamb mince and a drizzle of yogurt dressing.