Sautéed potatoes with bacon lardons & persillade
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1kg potatoes , cut into 2cm/3/4in pieces
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 300g smoked bacon lardons
- 25g unsalted butter
For the persillade
- small pack flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- 2 tsp chopped chervil
- 1 tarragon sprig, leaves chopped
- 1 banana shallot , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- STEP 1
In a large saucepan on a high heat, simmer the potatoes for 5 mins in enough water to just cover them, then drain in a colander and leave for 1 min for the steam to escape.
- STEP 2
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the persillade together and set aside. Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat, add the lardons and cook for 8-10 mins until lightly caramelised. Add the potatoes, then the butter.
- STEP 3
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 10 mins, stirring regularly, until golden brown all over. Spoon out any excess fat and stir in the persillade. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.