Rib-eye steaks with chilli butter & homemade chips
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 50g butter , softened, plus a little extra
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped
- juice and zest ½ lemon
- olive oil
- x rib-eye steaks , seasoned
- 2 handfuls mixed salad leaves
For the chips
- 450g floury potatoes , such as Estima, King Edward or Maris Piper, peeled and cut into chunky chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- STEP 1
For the chilli butter, mash the parsley into the butter with the chilli, a squeeze of lemon juice, the zest and some seasoning. Chill until firm.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. For the chips, toss all the ingredients on a baking tray, then season. Roast for 35-45 mins until golden and crisp.
- STEP 3
Heat a good glug of oil in a frying pan. Add the extra butter and the seasoned steaks, fry for 2-4 mins on each side, then transfer to plates. Toss the leaves with olive oil and lemon juice. Divide between the plates, add the chips and top each steak with a piece of chilli butter.