Rainbow rice paper rolls
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Makes 12
- 50g fine vermicelli rice noodles
- 12 rice paper wraps
- handful of mint or coriander leaves, or snipped chives (or a mixture)
- 200g cooked prawns , or cooked and shredded chicken
- ¼ cucumber , trimmed and finely sliced into matchsticks
- 1 carrot , trimmed and finely sliced into matchsticks
- 40g red cabbage , very finely sliced
- small handful of radishes , trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ mango , stoned, halved and finely sliced
For the sesame dipping sauce
- STEP 1
Soak the noodles in boiling water from the kettle, following pack instructions. Drain and rinse under cold running water to cool, then toss in a little sesame oil to stop them sticking together.
- STEP 2
Next, make the dipping sauce by mixing all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- STEP 3
Fill a wide, shallow dish a few centimetres deep with warm water. Working with one rice paper wrap at a time, soak it for a few seconds until it’s flexible, then lay it on a chopping board. Scatter some of the herbs down the centre, then top with a couple of prawns or a little bit of chicken, then some veg pieces and mango, and a small bundle of noodles. Try to keep the fillings in the centre, and don’t overfill. Tuck the ends of the wrap over the ingredients to slightly enclose them, then roll up from the sides, keeping everything as tight as you can. Put the finished rolls on a plate covered with a damp sheet of kitchen paper until you’re finished assembling all the rolls. Will keep in the fridge for up to 24 hrs. Serve with the sesame dipping sauce.