Pick & mix pesto pasta salad bar
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 400g of your favourite pasta (shells or butterflies work well)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 100g frozen peas , defrosted
- 100g sweetcorn from a can, drained (or use defrosted frozen sweetcorn)
- 290g pack baby mozzarella
- 100g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 50g pitted black olives , halved
- 3 spring onions , trimmed and chopped
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta following pack instructions, then drain and toss in 1 tbsp oil. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool, tossing occasionally so the pasta doesn’t stick. Mix the remaining olive oil with the pesto and set aside. Both can be prepared up to two days ahead, then covered and chilled.
- STEP 2
Put all the ingredients into individual bowls and serve with a large empty bowl and wooden spoon for mixing individual portions of pasta salad with your choice of ingredients.