Traffic light chicken shish kebabs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 1 hr marinating
- Serves 6
- 6 chicken breasts, chopped into large chunks
- 2 each red, orange and green peppers , deseeded and chopped into large chunks
- warmed flatbreads , chopped
- tomato and lemon wedges, to serve
For the marinade and sauce
- 2 garlic cloves , finely grated
- 300g natural or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- STEP 1
Make the marinade by mixing all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Spoon a third of the mixture into a smaller bowl, then cover and chill until needed. Stir the chicken into the marinade and set aside for 20 mins. Can be chilled for up to two days, covered.
- STEP 2
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 1 hr before using. Alternately thread the peppers and chicken onto the skewers until you have 6-8 kebabs. You can do this in advance if you like, and chill the kebabs until needed.
- STEP 3
Heat a barbecue to medium, or until a thin layer of coals has turned grey. Cook the kebabs for 10 mins, turning occasionally, until the chicken is charred and cooked through. Serve the kebabs with the reserved yogurt sauce, warmed flatbreads, chopped tomatoes and lemon wedges on the side.