Parsley, radish & red onion salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 4
- 1 large red onion , peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large bunch curly parsley (about 50g/2oz)
- 1 bunch flatleaf parsley (about 25g/1oz)
- 1 bunch of radishes , well rinsed
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil (or vegetable oil)
- STEP 1
Cut the whole onion into paper-fine slices. Heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan over a high heat. Tip in the onion and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring almost constantly to break up the rings. When the onion is saggy and the oil has been absorbed, remove the pan from the heat and leave the onion to cool.
- STEP 2
Strip off the little sprigs of parsley, discarding the main stalks or saving them for a stock. Slice the radishes finely.
- STEP 3
To make the dressing, pour the vinegar into a small jug, add the mustard and season well. Whisk thoroughly to combine, then pour in the oils and continue whisking to a thickish emulsion.
- STEP 4
Toss the parsley, radishes and onion together; pour over enough dressing to finely coat the leaves. Serve immediately.