Paneer in herby tomato sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 2
Try this healthier take on a tikka masala and enjoy the flavour without the calories
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli , chopped and seeded
- 3cm piece of fresh root ginger , peeled and chopped
- 150g tub Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves and stems
- juice of ½ lime
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 250g frozen peas
- 227g pack paneer , cut into 1cm cubes
- 2-3 firm red tomatoes , cut into wedges
- a handful of roasted cashew nuts, chopped, to serve
- STEP 1
Toast the cumin seeds in a heavy pan to darken – about 30 seconds. Crush roughly with a rolling pin, then tip into a blender with the chilli, ginger, yogurt, sugar, garam masala, coriander, lime juice, tomato purée and 200ml/7fl oz water. Blitz until smooth.
- STEP 2
Pour the sauce into a saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the peas and simmer for 3-5 minutes until almost cooked.
- STEP 3
Stir in the paneer and tomato and heat through for 2-3 minutes. Scatter with cashews.