Nutty chicken satay strips
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp chunky peanut butter (without palm oil or sugar)
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp Madras curry powder
- few shakes soy sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 skinless, chicken breast fillets (about 300g) cut into thick strips
- about 10cm cucumber, cut into fingers
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4 and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- STEP 2
Mix 2 tbsp chunky peanut butter with 1 finely grated garlic clove, 1 tsp Madras curry powder, a few shakes of soy sauce and 2 tsp lime juice in a bowl. Some nut butters are thicker than others, so if necessary, add a dash of boiling water to get a coating consistency.
- STEP 3
Add 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips, and mix well. Arrange on the baking sheet, spaced apart, and bake in the oven for 8-10 mins until cooked, but still juicy.
- STEP 4
Eat warm with roughly 10cm cucumber, cut into fingers, and sweet chilli sauce. Alternatively, leave to cool and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.