Mini chicken fajitas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Makes 36
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1.5cm/1/2in chunks
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and cut into 1.5cm/1/2in chunks
- 1 yellow pepper , deseeded and cut into 1.5cm/1/2in chunks
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp hot chilli powder
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 4 spring onions , trimmed and thinly sliced
- large pack coriander , leaves chopped
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 75g ready-grated mozzarella
For the guacamole dip
- 1 ripe avocado , stoned and peeled
- juice 1 large lime
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 2 heaped tbsp finely chopped coriander
You will need
- 36 cocktail sticks
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry the chicken and peppers for 2 mins. Sprinkle over the spices and cook for 30 secs more, stirring. Tip the tomatoes into the pan and stir in the chipotle paste. Simmer for 5 mins or until the sauce is thick and glossy, stirring regularly. Stir in the spring onions and coriander, cook for 1 min more, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Cut the tortillas into quarters, then cut each quarter into three pieces, so you have 36 triangles. Place 1 tsp of the chicken mixture and a little cheese at the widest end of a triangle. Roll the pointed end of the triangle around the filling and secure with a cocktail stick. Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Fill and roll the other triangles. Cover with cling film and chill for up to 8 hrs until ready to reheat.
- STEP 3
To make the dip, mash all the ingredients in a bowl until almost smooth. Cover the surface of the dip with cling film and chill for up to 24 hrs.
- STEP 4
When ready to serve, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Uncover the fajitas and bake for 6-8 mins or until hot throughout. Serve with the guacamole.