Maple mustard roots
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 800g small carrots , peeled and halved or quartered lengthways if large
- 800g parsnip , peeled and cut into long wedges
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil or sunflower oil
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of salted boiling water to the boil. Tip in the roots, bring back to the boil and cook for 3 mins. Drain well, then tip onto a large, lipped roasting tin. Whisk together the syrup, mustard and oil with some seasoning, then gently toss with the veg. Cover with cling film for up to 24 hrs.
- STEP 2
Bring to room temp before cooking. After the turkey comes out, roast at 220C/200C fan/gas 7 for 30 mins until golden and sticky.