- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- lavash or wholemeal khobez flatbreads (see tips)
- 200g pack feta
For the Turkish salad
- good-quality tomatoes , chopped into rough cubes
- ½ cucumber , chopped into rough cubes
- ½ small pack mint , leaves picked and torn
- 15 pitted black olives
- balsamic vinegar , for drizzling
- extra virgin olive oil , for drizzling
For the garlic yogurt
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 150ml pot natural or Turkish yogurt (available from ocado.com)
For the za'atar dressing
- ½ small pack oregano
- bunch thyme , leaves picked
- 150ml olive oil
- garlic cloves , crushed
- juice 0.5 lemon
- ¼ tsp sumac
- sesame seeds , toasted
- STEP 1
First, make the salad. Add the tomato, cucumber, mint and olives to a large bowl, drizzle over a little balsamic vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil, then mix to combine. Season to taste.
- STEP 2
Stir the crushed garlic into the yogurt and mix thoroughly, then season and set aside.
- STEP 3
To make the dressing, put the oregano, thyme, olive oil and garlic in a jug and blend with a stick blender. Add the lemon juice, sumac, sesame seeds and some seasoning, and stir well.
- STEP 4
Spread one side of each flatbread with 2 heaped tbsp of the za’atar dressing, then top each with a quarter of the feta.
- STEP 5
Fold the flatbreads in half or roll up and lightly fry each on both sides in a dry griddle pan over a medium heat until lightly toasted and golden. Keep warm on a low heat in the oven while you fry the others.
- STEP 6
Serve with a pile of the Turkish salad, garnished with a dollop of garlic yogurt.