Linguine with tuna sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh flatleaf parsley , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 1cm fresh ginger , peeled and finely chopped
- 450g creamed tomatoes (passata)
- 2 x 200g cans tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 375g linguine
- STEP 1
Prepare the sauce: Heat the oil in a medium pan. Toss in 2 tbsp of the parsley, the garlic, chilli and ginger and fry for a few minutes until slightly soft. Tip in the tomatoes and cook for another few minutes. Fold in the tuna and season the sauce generously. Leave the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- STEP 2
Boil the pasta: Meanwhile, cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes, or as directed on the pack. Drain, then return to the pan. Pour the tuna sauce into the pasta and toss well. Sprinkle over the remaining parsley, divide between four bowls and serve.