Light Thai green curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 25g rolled oats , soaked in 200ml/7fl oz cold water for 20 mins
- 1 ½ tbsp creamed coconut , grated
- 1 tsp coconut oil or sunflower oil
- 2 carrots , sliced
- 1 parsnip , cut into small chunks
- 1 small sweet potato , chopped into small pieces
- ¼ tsp Marmite
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (dried or fresh)
- 6 spears purple sprouting broccoli , halved lengthways
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 lime , cut into 6 wedges
For the paste
- ½ small pack coriander (optional)
- STEP 1
First, make the paste. Put all the ingredients in the small bowl of a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl and chill.
- STEP 2
Put the oats and their soaking water in the food processor (no need to clean it first) and blend until it’s as smooth as you can get it. Strain it through a sieve to get rid of any remaining oats, then add the creamed coconut and set aside.
- STEP 3
Put a large, non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the coconut oil followed by the carrot, parsnip and sweet potato. Stir-fry for about 2-3 mins until the vegetables start to colour at the edges, then add the curry paste and cook until the curry no longer looks watery. Pour in the oat milk and coconut mixture, Marmite, lime leaves and 300ml water, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 mins, then add the broccoli, along with 50ml water and cook for 5 mins more or until tender. Finally, add the frozen peas for 1 min more or until hot through. Take the pan off the heat, then squeeze over the juice from 2 of the lime wedges
- STEP 4
Serve immediately with brown rice, the remaining lime wedges and a scattering of coriander leaves, if you like.