Lentil salad with tahini dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Pack four of your 5-a-day into each portion of this healthy lentil and sweet potato salad, which provides calcium, iron, folate, vitamin C and fibre.
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 320g sweet potatoes , cut into cubes
- 2 large carrots , cut into thin sticks (320g)
- 2 large courgettes , (375g) cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onions , halved and sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 x 390g cans green lentils , drained
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 lemon , zested
- good handful of mint , roughly chopped
- handful of parsley , roughly chopped
- 2.5-3 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove , finely grated
- 2 x 120g pot bio yogurt
- a little smoked paprika , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok. Add the sweet potato and fry for 5 mins, stirring frequently until it starts to soften. If it starts to brown too quickly, put a lid on the pan. Add the carrot, courgette, onion, cumin and ginger, then cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, until the veg is tender and a little charred. Stir in the seeds towards the end so they cook for a couple of mins. Remove from the heat and add the lentils, bouillon powder, lemon zest, mint and parsley.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, stir the tahini with the garlic, yogurt and 1 tbsp water to make a dressing. Spoon the lentil salad into bowls and top with the dressing and paprika, if using. If you're following our Healthy Diet Plan, save two portions stored in containers and chill until ready to eat.
SIGN UP TO OUR HEALTHY DIET PLAN
This recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally-optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best!