Lemon & black pepper crusted salmon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g baby new potatoes
- zest ½ lemon , then cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25g butter , melted, plus a knob for the potatoes
- 1 ½ tsp coarsely ground peppercorns
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- a few thyme sprigs , leaves only
- cooked broccoli or spring greens , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Wash the potatoes and place in a large pan of cold, salted water. Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins until cooked.
- STEP 2
While the potatoes cook, combine the lemon zest, breadcrumbs, butter and peppercorns. Put the salmon fillets in a large roasting tin and sprinkle 1 tbsp of crumbs on each fillet. Pop the lemon wedges in the tin and bake for 8-10 mins until the salmon is cooked and the crumb is golden and crunchy.
- STEP 3
When the potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander and crush lightly. Add a knob of butter, season and scatter with the thyme. Serve with broccoli or spring greens.