- 500g baby new potatoes
New potatoes have thin, wispy skins and a crisp, waxy texture. They are young potatoes and…
- zest ½ lemon, then cut into wedges
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- 4 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25g butter, melted, plus a knob for the potatoes
Butter is a dairy product made from separating whole milk or cream into fat and…
- 1½ tsp coarsely ground peppercorns
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- a few thyme sprigs, leaves only
- cooked broccoli or spring greens, to serve
Spring greens are the first cabbages of the year. They have fresh, loose heads without the hard…
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Wash the potatoes and place in a large pan of cold, salted water. Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins until cooked.
While the potatoes cook, combine the lemon zest, breadcrumbs, butter and peppercorns. Put the salmon fillets in a large roasting tin and sprinkle 1 tbsp of crumbs on each fillet. Pop the lemon wedges in the tin and bake for 8-10 mins until the salmon is cooked and the crumb is golden and crunchy.
When the potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander and crush lightly. Add a knob of butter, season and scatter with the thyme. Serve with broccoli or spring greens.