Korean chicken wings with sesame slaw
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- plus marinating
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp gochujang sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- juice of 2 limes (1 in the marinade and the other in the slaw)
- 2 tsp sesame oil , (plus extra for drizzling in slaw)
- 1kg chicken wings
For the slaw
- 2 carrots , ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
- 1 mooli (Daikon radish), ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
- ½ red cabbage , shredded on the flat blade of the spiralizer
- 4 spring onions , thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1½ tbsp black sesame seeds
- STEP 1
In a large bowl, mix together the gochujang, honey, soy, juice of 1 lime and sesame oil. Toss in the chicken wings and leave to marinate for a couple of hours, or if you have time, overnight.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Transfer the wings to a large roasting tin, or two smaller ones, spreading out in a single layer so that they cook evenly. Roast for 50–55 mins, basting regularly until sticky and caramelized and the meat is starting to fall away from the bone.
- STEP 3
While the wings are roasting, prepare the slaw. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl with a little sea salt and black pepper. Just before serving, drizzle over a little sesame oil and eat with the wings. Kitchen paper recommended.