- 2 tbsp gochujang sauce
Gochujang is a Korean condiment with a sweet-hot-salty flavour made from red chillies, fermented…
- 2 tbsp honey
Honey is made by bees from the nectar they collect from flowers. Viscous and fragrant, it's…
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- juice of 2 limes (1 in the marinade and the other in the slaw)
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 2 tsp sesame oil, (plus extra for drizzling in slaw)
- 1kg chicken wings
For the slaw
- 2 carrots, ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 1 mooli (Daikon radish), ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
- ½ red cabbage, shredded on the flat blade of the spiralizer
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1½ tbsp black sesame seeds
In a large bowl, mix together the gochujang, honey, soy, juice of 1 lime and sesame oil. Toss in the chicken wings and leave to marinate for a couple of hours, or if you have time, overnight.
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Transfer the wings to a large roasting tin, or two smaller ones, spreading out in a single layer so that they cook evenly. Roast for 50–55 mins, basting regularly until sticky and caramelized and the meat is starting to fall away from the bone.
While the wings are roasting, prepare the slaw. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl with a little sea salt and black pepper. Just before serving, drizzle over a little sesame oil and eat with the wings. Kitchen paper recommended.