- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin or clear honey
- 2 tsp cornflour , mixed to a paste with 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g beef frying steak, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped
- 3 spring onions , sliced into small pieces
- 300g pack beansprout
- 100g bag baby spinach
- handful sesame seeds , toasted
- cooked rice , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
In a small bowl, mix together the soy, mirin or honey, and cornflour paste. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Season the beef and sear in batches, then remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Fry the garlic and chilli, then add the spring onions and beansprouts, and stir-fry for 2 mins.
- STEP 2
Return the beef to the wok and add the spinach along with the sauce. Keep stir-frying for another 2-3 mins until the spinach has wilted. Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds and some rice, if you like.