Kimchi, cheese & spring onion pinwheels
- Preparation and cooking time
- 150g mature cheddar, grated
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 70g kimchi, roughly chopped
- 320g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- togarashi, for sprinkling (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, and line two baking sheets with baking parchment. Combine the cheese, spring onions and kimchi in a small bowl.
- STEP 2
Unroll the pastry, spread with the cheese and kimchi mixture, then roll up into a tight coil from one of the long sides. Slice into 14 pieces.
- STEP 3
Arrange the pastry pinwheels, spiral-side up on the baking sheets, well spaced apart. Brush with a little of the beaten egg and bake for 30-35 mins, or until golden brown and puffed up. Sprinkle with some togarashi, if using, and leave to cool for 5 mins before serving.