Jerk sea bass & pineapple salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 1 hr marinating
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves , finely grated
- thumb-sized piece ginger , finely grated
- 1 lime , zested
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 small or 2 large whole sea bass , gutted and scaled
For the salsa
- 100g pineapple , finely chopped
- ½ cucumber , finely chopped
- ¼ small red onion , finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes , finely chopped
- ½ small bunch coriander , finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 limes , zested and juiced, plus extra charred wedges, to serve
- STEP 1
Mix the jerk seasoning, garlic, ginger, lime zest and oil in a bowl. Using a sharp knife, cut slits in the skin of the fish and rub liberally with the marinade. Leave on a tray in the fridge for at least 1 hr.
- STEP 2
For the salsa, combine all the ingredients, cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for up to 1 hr until ready to serve.
- STEP 3
Put each fish on a sheet of foil, and bring the sides around to make an open-topped boat shape. Cook for 15-20 mins on a barbecue, turning halfway, or until cooked through. Alternatively, heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and bake the fish on a non-stick baking tray for 15-20 mins or until just cooked. Serve scattered with the extra coriander and the salsa on the side.