Honeyed carrot & thyme loaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Enjoy this moreish carrot and thyme loaf as a sweet or savoury snack. Top a slice with chutney and sharp cheddar, smear with cream cheese or drizzle with honey
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil or olive oil, plus 1 tbsp (if using coconut oil, melt in the microwave before using)
- 4 carrots , peeled and grated (around 300g)
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 125g plain flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 eggs
- 50g natural yogurt
- chutney , cheddar, cream cheese or honey, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Mix the honey and 1 tsp oil, then add the carrot and thyme. Season and stir well. Tip onto a baking tray and roast for 10-15 mins, tossing halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, combine the flours, baking powder, bicarb and a pinch of salt. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs, yogurt and remaining oil. Add the flour mix, then fold in the roasted carrot mix.
- STEP 3
Pour into a lined 900g loaf tin and bake for 50 mins-1 hr. Leave to cool before slicing. To serve, top with chutney and cheddar, cream cheese or honey.