Herby feta & nectarine salad with lemon poppy seed dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4 as a main, 6 as a side
Contrast salty Greek cheese with sweet and juicy fruit, fragrant mint, dill and coriander
- 200g green bean , trimmed
- 3 ripe nectarines , halved, stoned and chopped into chunks
- 1 cucumber , halved lengthways, seeds scooped out with a teaspoon, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- small bunch mint , leaves picked
- small bunch dill , very roughly chopped
- small bunch coriander , very roughly chopped
- 200g pack good-quality feta cheese (we used barrel-aged from Waitrose)
For the dressing
- STEP 1
First, make the dressing. Combine the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and oil with some seasoning. Lightly toast the poppy seeds in a small frying pan.
- STEP 2
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the beans and cook for 2-3 mins until just tender but still with a bit of crunch. Drain and cool under cold running water, then drain again and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- STEP 3
Just before serving, tip the beans, nectarine chunks, cucumber, onion and herbs onto a big salad platter or bowl. Finely crumble over the feta. Add the poppy seeds to the dressing and give it a good shake or whisk. Pour over the salad and toss everything together.