- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 small red cabbage (about 650g), core removed, shredded
- 2 mixed peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 flatbreads or wraps
- 100g houmous
- 80g bag rocket
Rocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It…
- 2 x 250g blocks halloumi, each cut into 12 strips
Toast the pumpkin seeds with the cumin seeds in a large frying pan until they begin to pop and smell fragrant, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, peppers and vinegar, and season well. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
Heat oven to low and put the bread in to warm through. Using the pan you used to toast the seeds, fry the halloumi in batches for 3 mins each side until crispy and golden. Transfer to the oven to keep warm.
Spread a layer of houmous on each flatbread and top with a handful of slaw, halloumi and rocket to serve.