- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 small red cabbage (about 650g), core removed, shredded
- 2 mixed peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 flatbreads or wraps
- 100g hummus
- 80g bag rocket
- 2 x 250g blocks halloumi, each cut into 12 strips
- STEP 1
Toast the pumpkin seeds with the cumin seeds in a large frying pan until they begin to pop and smell fragrant, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, peppers and vinegar, and season well. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to low and put the bread in to warm through. Using the pan you used to toast the seeds, fry the halloumi with the olive oil in batches for 3 mins each side until crispy and golden. Transfer to the oven to keep warm.
- STEP 3
Spread a layer of hummus on each flatbread and top with a handful of slaw, halloumi and rocket to serve.