Halloumi, carrot & orange salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 large oranges
- 1½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1½ tsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 225g block halloumi, sliced
- 100g bag watercress or baby spinach
- STEP 1
Cut the peel and pith away from the oranges. Use a small serrated knife to segment the orange, catching any juices in a bowl, then squeeze any excess juice from the off-cut pith into the bowl as well. Add the mustard, honey, vinegar, oil and some seasoning to the bowl and mix well.
- STEP 2
Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrot ribbons into the dressing bowl and toss gently. Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan and cook the halloumi for a few mins until golden on both sides. Toss the watercress through the dressed carrots. Arrange the watercress mixture on plates and top with the halloumi and oranges.