Greek lamb meatballs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Prep these comforting Greek lamb meatballs with chargrilled veg and potatoes in just five minutes. A guaranteed family favourite, perfect for busy weeknights
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g lamb meatballs
- 300g baby new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 185g chargrilled vegetables, drained if in oil
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tsp light brown soft sugar
- 100g black olives
- 40g feta, crumbled
- ½ small bunch mint, finely shredded
- 1 lemon, zested
- STEP 1
- STEP 2
Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and fry the potatoes over a medium heat for 5 mins, or until they’re starting to turn golden brown.
- STEP 3
Add the garlic to the pan and fry for 1 min. Stir through the chargrilled veg, tomatoes and sugar, as well as the olives. Season. Add the meatballs back to the pan, cover and cook over a medium-low heat for 30-35 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid halfway through, the potatoes should be just cooked through with the liquid slightly reduced.
- STEP 4
Remove the pan from the heat and serve at the table with the feta, mint and lemon zest scattered over.