Greek lamb meatballs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Prep these comforting Greek lamb meatballs with chargrilled veg and potatoes in just five minutes. A guaranteed family favourite, perfect for busy weeknights
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g lamb meatballs
- 300g baby new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 185g chargrilled vegetables, drained if in oil
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tsp light brown soft sugar
- 100g black olives
- 40g feta, crumbled
- ½ small bunch mint, finely shredded
- 1 lemon, zested
- STEP 1
- STEP 2
Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and fry the potatoes over a medium heat for 5 mins, or until they’re starting to turn golden brown.
- STEP 3
Add the garlic to the pan and fry for 1 min. Stir through the chargrilled veg, tomatoes and sugar, as well as the olives. Season. Add the meatballs back to the pan, cover and cook over a medium-low heat for 30-35 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid halfway through, the potatoes should be just cooked through with the liquid slightly reduced.
- STEP 4
Remove the pan from the heat and serve at the table with the feta, mint and lemon zest scattered over.
Buy pots of chargrilled veg from deli counters or in jars, or use frozen and defrosted.