Creamy pesto & kale pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 red onions , thinly sliced
- 300g kale
- 300g wholemeal pasta (penne or mafalda work well)
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 tbsp fresh pesto or vegetarian alternative
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Fry the onions for 10 mins until softened and beginning to caramelise. Add the kale and 100ml water, then cover and cook for 5 mins more, or until the kale has wilted.
- STEP 2
Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water. Toss the pasta with the onion mixture, cream cheese and pesto, adding a splash of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Season.