Cauliflower cakes with green yogurt sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus at least 1 hr chilling
- Serves 6 - 8
The taste of cauliflower shines through in these baked vegetable cakes served with our zingy yogurt sauce for dipping. Great for grazing party guests
- 1 small cauliflower (600g), trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 4 spring onions , finely sliced
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and chopped
- 75g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 1 lemon , zested (save the juice for the sauce)
- 150g fresh brown breadcrumbs , toasted
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg , beaten
- olive oil spray, for baking
- rocket salad, to serve
For the sauce
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Boil the cauliflower in salted water for 5 mins until soft. Drain, put back in the pan to steam off the excess water, then tip into a bowl to cool. Add the garlic, spring onions, chilli, parmesan, lemon zest, 50g of the toasted breadcrumbs, the flour, egg, and some seasoning. Shape into 16 cakes, then roll in the remaining breadcrumbs. Put on a plate and chill for at least 1 hr, or overnight, before cooking.
- STEP 2
To make the sauce, put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add some seasoning and blend until smooth. Pour into a serving bowl and set aside. Can be made a day ahead.
- STEP 3
Liberally spray a large baking sheet with the oil. Put the cauliflower cakes on top and spray well again. Bake for 25 mins until golden and crisp. Serve with the sauce and some rocket salad.