Butter-poached asparagus, leeks & peas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 200g unsalted butter , cubed
- 2 leeks , cleaned and sliced into thumb-sized rounds
- 400g asparagus , cut into chunks
- 300g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ small pack mint , leaves picked
- STEP 1
Bring 100ml water to a simmer in a saucepan, add a pinch of salt and whisk in the butter. Drop in the leeks, cook for 2 mins,then add the asparagus and peas, and cook for 2 mins more. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and mint.
- STEP 2
To serve, remove the veg from the emulsion with a slotted spoon, then spoon over some of the buttery poaching juices.