Blueberry & lemon croissant bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 1 hr soaking
- serves 8 as dessert or 6 as brunch
- 6 large croissants (leftover stale croissants work well)
- 500g ready-made custard
- 250ml whole milk
- 150g lemon curd
- 250g fresh or frozen blueberries
- icing sugar , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Cut each of the croissants in half, then arrange them roughly, overlapping them slightly, in a deep medium baking dish about 20 x 20cm.
- STEP 2
- STEP 3
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Nestle the blueberries around the croissants and dollop over teaspoons of the remaining lemon curd. Bake for 35-40 mins or until the top is golden brown. Rest for 10 mins before dusting with icing sugar, if you like.