Asian prawn noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2nests wholewheat noodles
- 3 garlic cloves , finely grated
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- handful coriander , leaves and stalks chopped but kept separate
- ½ - 1 red chilli , thinly sliced and deseeded if you don’t like it too hot
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 4 spring onions , sliced at an angle
- 125g sugar snap peas
- 160g beansprouts , well rinsed
- 100g cooked prawns
- 1 lime , zested and juiced
- small pack mint leaves (optional)
- sesame oil , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the noodles in a bowl, pour over enough boiling water to cover, set aside to soak for 5 mins, then drain.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, pour 450ml water into a wok or wide pan and add the garlic, ginger, coriander stalks, chilli, tamari, spring onions and sugar snaps. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 mins, then add the noodles and beansprouts to heat through.
- STEP 3
Stir in the prawns, lime zest and juice, coriander leaves and the mint, if using. Return to the boil until steaming hot and serve in deep bowls, drizzled with a dash of sesame oil, if you like.