Grilled Cod & Olive Gremolata
Member recipe by dubhglais
Icelandic cod fillets, served with buttered steamed new potatoes and a herb salad.
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ÃÂÃÂ½ small packet flat-leafed parsley
- 100g Spanish pitted green olives, rinsed
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- *2 cod fillets, each weighing about 350g
- 100ml hot fish stock
- 50g natural yogurt
- ÃÂÃÂ½ tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
- *Ingredients from Loch Fyne Shop
- Grate the zest from the lemon and place in a food processor or blender with the garlic, parsley, olives and a little seasoning. Blend lightly to make a chunky paste, then gently mix in the breadcrumbs. Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
- Cut the cod fillets in half to make 4 even-sized pieces and place in a large, shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the fillets, then season well. Grill for 5 minutes or until the fish has turned opaque. Carefully turn the fish using a fish slice, add the stock and grill for a further 5 minutes.
- Spread the gremolata mixture over the fish and grill for a further 3-4 minutes, until the topping is beginning to colour. Lift the cod fillets from the dish and place on a warmed serving plate. Stir the yogurt into the juices left in the dish and spoon the yogurt sauce over the fish and serve.