Ginger Ice Cream Cookie Stack
Member recipe by voice1
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Batch
Made with only the finest young stem ginger harvested in southern China and carefully preserved in sugar syrup.
- GINGER ICE CREAM
- 3 large eggs
- 45 grams caster sugar
- 450 ml double cream
- 6 pieces Opies stem ginger - finely cut
- 5 tablespoons ginger syrup
- Homemade or shop bought ginger cookies
- TO DECORATE:
- Double cream
- Shredded ginger
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add the chopped ginger and ginger syrup and gently combine.
- Pour into a suitable freezer container and freeze for 24 hours.
- Gently stir the ice cream after approximately 2 hours to ensure even distribution of the ginger pieces. Repeat this process after a further 1 hour freezing time.
- When the ice cream is ready remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly.
- To serve:- Place one cookie on a serving plate and top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Put another cookie on top and then another scoop of ice cream.
- Finish with another cookie to Form a stack. Decorate with a swirl of cream/ice cream and finely shredded ginger.