- 375g orzo or small pasta shapes
- 250g pea, fresh or frozen
A type of legume, peas grow inside long, plump pods. As is the case with all types of legume,…
- 250g podded broad bean, fresh or frozen
A member of the legume family, broad beans are pretty hardy and adaptable - they grow in most…
- 140g half-fat soured cream
- zest 1 lemon, plus 2 tbsp juice
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan, or vegetarian alternative
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- small handful basil, torn
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
Cook pasta following pack instructions, then drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again. Cook the peas and beans in another pan of boiling water for 3 mins, before draining and cooling. Peel the beans, if you have time, and stir the vegetables through the pasta.
Mix the soured cream, lemon juice and Parmesan, and season. Mix through the pasta then, just before serving, scatter with the lemon zest and basil.