Maltese walnut and dates pie
Member recipe by ela1985
- 1 baked blind pastry case, 20cm diameter
- 400g stoned dates
- 4 tablespoons Anisette
- 100g shelled and chopped walnuts
- rind of 1 tangerine, finely chopped
- extra walnuts for decorating
- Chop the dates in small pieces and put in a saucepan.
- Add 3 tablespoons water and put on a moderate heat, till they start melting. You have to be very careful, because the dates should not melt completely.
- Lower heat. Add the walnuts, Anisette and finely chopped rind of 1 tangerine. Blend well.
- Remove from heat and put in a bowl and put aside to cool.
- When completely cold, fill the pastry case with this filling. Smooth the top.
- Decorate with the extra walnuts.